My favourite makeup! 💄

Makeup is fun, especially when you have lots of time to play about! 


Since I was about 15, I have been experimenting with makeup. Initially it was only eyeliner with a tiny bit of concealer, and the occasional lipgloss, and seen it changed into full eye looks, deep dark lip and eyebrows on fleek (I hope anyway). I have never had anything done with my eyebrows, but they are pretty chill for what they are!

To start of with, my base; I rarely use foundation, simply because I don't think I need it, a concealer is enough to even out my skin tone and cover some of those pesky blemishes. That isn't to say that I don't occasionally wear foundation, and I do have a favourite. 


The Rimmel Match Perfection foundation is fantastic. It has a very light coverage, but it gives an airbrushed finish and feels really light on the skin. I use the shade 010 Light Porcelain.


Next up is my concealer; it is a product which I only started using recently, but it has amazing coverage and blends easily, which I'm all about. It is the Maxfactor Mastertouch All Day Concealer in the shade 303 Ivory.

After I do my base, I like to set it with a little bit of loose powder; I use the Rimmel Match Perfection Silky Loose Face Powder in 001 Transparent, which is amazing for baking and giving that airbrushed finish. 

I apply my makeup using either the Real Techniques Buffing Brush or the Real Techniques Sponge, which is an amazing product (baby, you just gotta dab dab dab).

After I do my face, I move onto my eyes. I usually start off with an eye primer (I like the Urban Decay Primer Potion but I have recently run out of that, so I use concealer instead). One of my favourite palettes nowadays is the Too Faced Natural Love palette, which has lots of glittery and transition shades, and is just perfect for everyday or elaborate looks.

And the palette has a HUGE mirror. Win.

I use a mixture of MAC, Morphe and Real Techniques brushes on my eyes. I especially love using Morphe for blending in the crease and my MAC ones for dabbing on colour for vibrancy.

I am a gal who enjoys eyeliner, and I rarely don't wear it, so over the years I have come to love the Rimmel Glam Eyes Liquid Liner due to its easy application and dark colour. It is sadly not waterproof, but I couldn't ask for a better or easier to use liner.

I cannot recommend it enough. Its cheap,  easy to use and bargain for the price.

Next up: mascara! I will be honest, most of the time I either use cheap mascara from Home Bargains or Benefit's They're Real mascara, which is the best mascara I have used to date. That is not to say that I don't use other products; I have recently started using a KIKO Extra Volume mascara, but the downside is the huge brush and just how NOT waterproof it is. It literally will run down your cheeks in the rain.

I'm a fan of bold, thick brows, hence I always fill mine in slightly to add a bit of colour (I am a blonde, how dark do you think my brows are?). My favourite product EVER is the Benefit Goof Proof Brow Pencil.

I also quite like using the NYX brow pencil, since it is quite easy to use and the Taupe shade that I use is perfect match for my eyebrows.

If I am going full out, I will contour my face slightly. Nothing dramatic, just something to add a bit more shadow under my cheekbones (I already have some - thank you, grandma! - so I just have to enhance them a little).

As you can see, the Revolution Ultra Contour palette is a favourite of mine, and it is a well loved product. I use the coolest toned shade since I am so pale. Its a great and cheap product, which I would definitely recommend! I love highlighters too, so I either use the shades in this palette or I use my Revolution Strobe Highlighter which lights up my face up to Jesus. Shine bright, baby!

To finish off my look, I apply lipstick. My favourite lipstick of all time is Velvet Teddy by MAC, which is a nude shade that complements my features and doesn't make my teeth look yellow. I also enjoy Jeffree Star, Kat Von D and LimeCrime lipsticks, due to their durability and matte-ness. Think I just invented a word there.

A few of my favourites; Trouble by LimeCrime, Dirty Money by Jeffree Star and Lolita by Kat Von D.

Hope you enjoyed this little makeup post. I am no makeup guru, but I do have a few well tested favourite products which I can't recommend enough!

Here is a little picture of my usual makeup look!

Sans lipstick! :P



Tara,

Lola x





Comments

Popular Posts